Because you never know...

1:30AM
Backseat of the cab to BK
Courtney- I'm here
DJSLC- Great, I see it, later
Courney- Bye, call you tomorrow
DJSLC- Later, ok Sir, now we're going to XXX Argyle Rd., do you know where it is?
Cabbie- Yeah, I know where that is, I know exactly where that is
DJSLC- Cool, how much is it gonna cost
Cabbie- $25
DJSLC- You're kidding
Cabbie- No that's what it cost, I'm telling you, I got the meter right here
DJSLC- Alright, sir
(I lean over the back of his seat to get the cabbie's name)
DJSLC- So, Mr...um...Are you Delores?
Cabbie- Yeah, yeah I'm a woman, uh-huh
DJSLC- I'm sorry I didn't know
Cabbie- Uh-huh, well I'm a woman...ha ha ha ha ha
Damn! I mean, you think that if you stay off the subway your probability of running into a crazy is minimized...negative. Shaved head, tatted neck, deep Bronx accent, gold block-letter name earring in the right lobe, and I'm supposed to know you're not a dude? She looked like a member of Fat Joe's Terror Squad. Better yet a man named Jr that hustles on the corner of 109 and Amsterdam. Of course, I would get in this cab of all cabs. And it's not funny, don't laugh at me, like you didn't know you looked like a man. Come on, you knew it, you got dressed this morning so don't act like it's a big surprise that I thought you were a guy. I mean at least she didn't get offended, but damn. Things are not always, as they seem, so for that, sir and ma'am may be cut back from my vocabulary...because you never know!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home