Unbelievable

I'm sure by now you've all seen this email by now...
"NBC is not doing any marketing & publicity on Jamie's Music Special on NBC because he stood his ground and wouldn't have any white guest as they requested. To make it even worse he had two controversial guest stars that do not fit the 'NBC profile' on his show. Tune in to find out who they are. They are purposely putting his show up against the second week of American Idol in hopes that it will fail. This will give
them the excuse to never give another black person a music special because 'it doesn't work'. Let's show them that it does work, and that we support each other."
I don't know what to do about this. I went to the NBC website the day I received the email, and the first thing I see is a huge hero image of Jamie Foxx. Now I work in advertising, online advertising at that, and the hero image is the bread and butter of the entire web site, a hero image IS a marketing tool. And there was even a headline; it reads 'JAMIE FOXX! UNPREDICATLE- NEW MUSIC SPECIAL, WEDNESDAY AT 8PM on NBC!' And, I could have sworn I saw a TV spot for this last week, on NBC at that. I'm not hating on Jamie Foxx, in fact, I'll probably tune-in, and I could very well be wrong. But can we please get some credentials and evidence surrounding this email? Because if the eMail is legit, I'd like to be the first to begin the pop-culture race rantings to dig into NBC. But if it's not...please....let ME be the first to congratulate Jamie on his latest accomplishment for which he is sure to receive accolades..."Viral Marketing/eMail-Sending Wizard of the Year."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home