1.29.2006

And I'm out.....


While this was happening, I imaged that no one would believe me once I repeated the details. In any event, I was waiting to meet my roommate, Courtney, in Forte Greene for drinks this Sunday afternoon. While I was waiting for her to arrive from the subway, I stopped by a diner to grab a cup of coffee and decided to go to the bathroom before meeting her. I knocked on the bathroom door of the diner, and a voice returned my taps, "Someone is in here." Cool…so I waited. I stood while I was waiting. And I waited for a long time. “Damn!” I thought, “He's been in there for a minute”. So I finally decide to sit at the diner bar….I might as well take a rest...and wait some more. FINALLY, a man emerges from the bathroom, unfortunate for me, in questionable attire. He opens the door. He’s still standing in the bathroom, and yells out to the masses (I’m assuming he was looking for one of the bus boys), "I'm gonna need a plunger."

Well, looks like I'm not going to the bathroom anytime soon. I should have known. In any case, I jetted to the cash register to pay for my coffee. As the waitress pored my coffee, my familiar friend from the bathroom approaches the counter. "Excuse me; can I get three bran muffins?"

I must be in a nightmare! Please, tell me this man did not just sit in the bathroom for nearly 15 minutes, depart while asking for a plunger, and then request not one, not two, but three bran muffins from the waitress at the cash register...And I'm out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home