3.10.2006

King Kong vs. Big Foot



While we are on the topic of talking to strangers and ridiculous subway interations (the two go hand and hand). I am reminded of one of my many bizzare subway conversations. I was sitting down on the train, reading a book (one of my own this time) and looked up to see a somewhat heavy (ok, he was just plain big) young man, with a scully and a slurred voice. He was talking to a friend of his that looked equally out of it. Without being stereotypical it was safe to assume what their most recent morning activity had been in any case, I look up and here it goes...

Man on Train (MOT): What's the difference between King Kong and Big Foot?

I look to my left and to my right and have realized he is adderessing me.

Shyra: You're talking to me?
MOT: Yeah, what's the difference (pause) between King Kong (pause and ponder) and Big Foot?
Shyra: Well King Kong is the gorilla from the movies and Big Foot is a sasquatch
MOT: (Pause) Well what's sasquatch?
Shyra: It's just another name for big foot I guess, it's a large oversized hairy creature
MOT: Well, then they should make a movie with Big Foot
Shyra: There is a movie, it's called Harry and the Henderson's
MOT: No (pause) I mean....They should make a movie with King Kong AND Big Foot, together. Did you see King Kong?
Shyra: No
MOT: That's a good movie. So they need to make a movie with Sasquatch or Big Foot or whatever in a fight with King Kong
Shyra: No, that's not going to work, King Kong is WAY bigger than big foot, it wouldn't even be a competion.
MOT: Well, I'd go see it

I can't believe I let this conversation go on as long as it did. And what my roommate pointed out, which is even more ridiculous, is the fact that this stranger trapped me into considering the possible sucess of a King Kong vs. Sasqatch fight flick. "I would go see it." Why am I not surprised!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home