Where is the love?

I'm not holding the door for people anymore. The Courtelyou Rd. subway stop has this door that has to be opened in order to enter and exit the subway station. Usually, when I am exiting the subway I stop, look around, and hold the door if I see someone directly behind me (which is almost always, since I'm getting off the subway during the evening rush hour). For goodness sakes, if you see someone in front of you holding the door, reach your lazy arm out and catch it! If you see someone holding the door specifically for you, that's another story, you don't have to rush...it would be polite...but you don't have to rush to catch it. You can even walk right through it, as clearly a Good Samaritan wants to help you out. However, if you are in a crowded subway station with 20 people waiting to get out of the same door don't try and just walk through the door that someone is holding for you! Catch the door, walk out and then hold it for the next person. Why would you assume that if there were 20 people behind you that the person in front of you holding the door is there just for you? Or, even worst, is there for their health ready to hold the door for everyone. Catch the door, man, and show some love!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home